Para que se vea que la cosa no está parada, Juan nos envía las nuevas líneas que se han establecido en España apoyadas por la iniciativa del SSS de la UE. El listado es de las líneas establecidas en la primera mitad del 2004. Falta saber cuantos barcos y que tripulantes sacarán tajada de esto.
- New service linking Israel with France and Spain; Maersk Sealand and Agrexco Agricultural Export (Israel), are starting a fortnightly service linking Ashdod, Marseille, Valence, Gênes and Haifa. Marseille and Haifa will be connected in six hours.
- New service between Rome and Barcelona, Grimaldi Naples has introduced a 3-times a week service between Rome and Barcelona. The newly built Eurostar Roma, capable of carrying 1,400 passengers and 1,700 lane metres of freight, will connect Spain with Civitavecchia. The sail takes 19 hours at 27 knots speed of the ship.
- New weekly service between Spain and Italy; Suardíaz has launched a new weekly service linking a number of Spanish and Italian ports. The service will be done by the vessel ‘Suar Vigo’, with a capacity for 1400 cars and 120 trailers. At 21 knots the vessel will call at Tarragona, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Salerno, Barcelona and Tarragona.
- New car carrier service from Toulon into the Mediterranean;
A Grupo Suardíaz ship will carry new vehicles produced in Peugeot-Citroen plant in Toulon to various Mediterranean ports. In principle it will be a weekly service calling at Livorno and Civitavecchia.
- New weekly link in the Mediterranean. Thanks to the deployment of the new ro-pax ferry ‘Eurostar Salerno’, a new Palermo-Tunis-Palermo link has been created by Grimaldi, while Salerno and Valencia are now connected to Tunis twice a week
- New service linking North Atlantic ports with northern Spanish ports XPress Container Lines is offering its North Continent Iberia Xpress (NIX) service with a weekly frequency. Two vessels of 380 and 374 TEUs and 50 refer plugs are deployed for the service. The ships call at Vigo, Le Havre, Thamesport, Rotterdam
- New service linking Barcelona to Italian ports XPress Container Lines is offering two weekly services linking Barcelona to a number of Italian ports. ‘Barcelona Fos Xpress’, with a 538 TEU 50-reefer plugs vessel, calls at Genoa, Livornoa and Fos, whereas ‘Barcelona Tyrrhenian Xpress’, with a 519 TEU 60 reefer-plugs vessel, calls at Cagliari, Naples, Genoa and Palermo.
- New services linking Spain to the UK, Ireland, Poland and the Netherlands, MacAndrews is offering 3 weekly services linking Bilbao to Liverpool and Greenock, with a 550 TEU vessel, Dublin and Bristol, with a 430 TEU vessel, and Felixtowe, Gdynia and Rotterdam, with a 550 TEU vessel. A door-to-door service is possible
- New service linking France, Spain and the UK, Grupo Suardíaz is offering a 3-day-a-week service linking Vigo to St. Nazire (Montoir) and Sheernes.
- Increased coverage of service linking Northern Europe to Portugal, NYK will offer increased geographic coverage and improved delivery times to Portugal thanks to its new partnership with XCL. Three vessels with two sails a week will support the service, adding Immingham to the extensive list of ports serviced
directly by NYK (Southampton, Thamesport, Lisbon, Leixoes, Vigo, Le Havre and Rotterdam)
- New breakbulk service, Iberian Express Line, a new Belgian breakbulk service between the Iberian Peninsula and N. European ports announced offering up to 4 sailings per month deploying 3,000
dwt ships with box shaped holds.
- Increased capacity for service linking Northern Europe to Portugal; After NYK joining Sea Consortium the remaining lines of the “Portugal-group” added an extra vessel to keep schedule as-is. Holland Maas now supplies four ships and OPDR and Portlink each two; total capacity 3,400 TEU. Ports of call include Felixstowe, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Le Havre, Vigo, Leixoes, Lisbon and Figueira da Foz)
- New service linking Ireland, Spain and the UK; MacAndrews, S.A. is starting a new weekly service linking Bilbao, Dublin and Bristol. The transit time is 4 days.
- New service linking Spain and Turkey, Transcoma Nor has started a new weekly service between Bilbao and the Turkish ports of Istanbul and Izmir
- New service linking Italy and Spain, United Feeder Services (UFS) will launch a new service between Cagliari, Barcelona,
Valencia, Lisbon, Bilbao and Vigo. Two 400-TEU vessels will be used.
- New feeder line between Barcelona and Cádiz, Deploying one 300 TEU ship, Sea Consortium just started a dedicated feeder service
between Barcelona, its western Mediterranean hub and Cadiz, PR News reported.
- Newcastle to be included in service linking Bilbao to the UK, SVS (Seawheel Vapores Suardíaz) will include Newcastle in its twice-a-week service linking Bilbao, Bristol, Dublin and Greenock. Newcastle will be linked twice a week with a direct rail line to Bristol, with a transit time of 24 hours.
- +++Intra-European service to be discontinued+++ Facing too high charter rates, the weekly, 2002-launched Liverpool Express of
Maersk Sealand, will be discontinued.. Its schedule was: Liverpool, Greenock, Rotterdam or Le Havre, Lisbon, Algeciras, Gioia Tauro, Salerno, Algeciras, Leixoes, back to Liverpool.
No está mal, para ser sólo el listado de 6 meses conteniendo algún puerto español, a ver cuantas siguen el año que viene y cuantas cambian o desaparecen. SGB